The writing of a girl who likes heavy metal and dolls houses, making things and charity shopping

Thursday 6 January 2011

The New Year

After a thoroughly depressing new years eve, topped off by a DJ who clearly hadn't set his watch by the BBC and insisted we not celebrate the new year until 12.04 am, I can conclude that I will not be going out on December 31st ever again.


According to Mark from Peep Show, it's been scientifically proven that no one can really enjoy new years eve, the pressure is just far too immense. I would have to agree, it's rubbish. Next year my original plan of dvds, food and board games will take place!

Once the lingering depression faded, I set aside time to think about what I want out of 2011, planning and dreaming (one of my favourite past  times). There are many things I want to do... they change all the time. I'm going to focus on the achievable aims for this year (they aren't resolutions, just aims, my resolution for this year is a good one!).

Rebecca's Aims for 2011
  • To fit into all my clothes
  • To make/ hold onto some of my money
  • To make more of an effort with learning Italian
  • To finish my studies (two subjects, can't face writing the titles... lots of work, this is the first step)
  • To be super organised!

Basically, I want to infinitely better than I am now. I want to be practically perfect in every way. I want to be her-

Mary Poppins my idol.

Happy New Year everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment