The writing of a girl who likes heavy metal and dolls houses, making things and charity shopping

Tuesday 2 November 2010

Working and worriment

Our work rota changes this week because the lovely Melanie left at the weekend. This means we are starting sleeping nights, which in turn means I am worrying. I'm worrying because it's a lot of responsibility, what if something goes wrong? What if I trip over and start crashing into things when I get up to do my checks and wake everyone up? What if I don't wake up and miss the checks completely? What if I get so worried I don't sleep at all and appear like a useless zombie the next morning? What if, what if? Aaaaaarrrrgggghhhhh! I need to stop thinking.
Another thing that's bugging is my endless list. The list that has every single job that needs doing on it. It includes everything from stripping walls to finishing courses. Every now and again I get stressed that the list is not completed immediately and it gives me a headache. So I'm going to ignore the list.
I've also been thinking a lot about my spending habits and have concluded that I am a squanderbird of late. At times I have been very restrained with my cash, two jobs and a reluctance to buy anything costing more than 50p. This has gone right out the window of late, fuelled mainly by holidays I couldn't afford and a job change meaning I didn't get paid for a couple of months. So, I need to change my ways! I will form a plan, (it may involve a list, but not of the hideous endless job kind) and post it here to keep me on track!

P.S. I can spend frivolously on Saturday because mr squire and I are going to a vintage fair. I may make a decision when I see the goods at said fair as to the level of spending. I might take a packed lunch for us to make up for shopping expenditure.

No comments:

Post a Comment