The writing of a girl who likes heavy metal and dolls houses, making things and charity shopping

Wednesday 22 December 2010

Christmas Fair Victorian Style


Every year Warwick has a Victorian Christmas fair, think hot chestnuts, mulled wine, a steam powered carousel and other remnants of a bygone era.
 
After watching Santa and a bunch of freezing looking children dressed up as Victorian waifs parade though the market square we went in search of food. Not much on the vegetarian front, but did find the best chocolate brownies ever from the 'Sweet As' bakery in Leamington. Local crafts people demonstrated their skills and produce, the blacksmith was particularly kind by supplying me with a tonne of tissue as I was embarrassingly having a massive nose bleed at the side of the street!

The best part of the night for me was a ghost walk down Smith Street. Meeting at East Gate we were escourted by a man in a black top hat and a wonky eye as he told us tales of the macabre.... Just the ticket for a girl such as my self, I'm looking forward to sharing the stories some time soon!

I can't believe this was way back in November, and that Christmas is now only a few days away. For the first time that I can remember I haven't made it to the German Market in Birmingham, thinking I had ages and then suddenly having none. Here's to better organisation in 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment